enkeli: (Default)
[personal profile] enkeli
can't believe we're already in march. amazing.

legs have been in pain all week from fencing class. never realised walking was such a privilege. for all my complaining, though, it's been a terribly fun pain to acquire. learned parry four and six last week. very hard to practise parries without weapon, so have concentrated on footwork instead. lunging is fun!

found it very hard to explain parry without being in front of someone, as attempted to do that with a friend this week and just really fell flat. not generally much of a gesturer when i speak, but was wishing the internet had gesturing capabilities. sometimes this medium doesn't really get it done.

get to take a last minute trip to atlanta for business next week. woo. why couldn't my company be international? or at least have a base of operations in.. oh... nyc? or seattle? or austin, for that matter? the upshot: will have the opportunity to visit a good chicken and waffle joint. so many downsides that i shan't bore you all with them here.

have developed new girl-crush on eliza dushku. anyone who saw last night's AtS knows why. :)

Date: 2003-03-07 08:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bigboobedcanuck.livejournal.com
You fence? That's so cool! Is it expensive? I should really look into it, it seems like a lot of fun, and good exercise, of course!

Date: 2003-03-07 12:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] enkeli.livejournal.com
Well, I don't know... my current class is $95 for six weeks. I thought that was a pretty decent price. And I didn't have to buy any equipment... yet. :) I may buy shoes and an epee here shortly, though.

I'm having loads of fun. Not sure about "great exercise," at least not so far. the leg workout is phenomenal, but I still feel better after an hour on the treadmill.

Profile

enkeli: (Default)
ultra violent romantic

October 2008

S M T W T F S
    1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 8th, 2026 02:03 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios